CONSULTATION FOR OCULAR CONDITIONS
- Each patient has a face-to-face consultation with Dr. Myers to provide tailored service for:
- Eye or vision related side effects of other illnesses
- Periodic eye examinations to detect complications of diabetes, high blood pressure, rheumatoid disease, or medication side effects
- Reporting findings to primary doctors and other specialists involved in treatment
- General eye and vision related issues such as dry eyes, red eyes, discomfort, and other concerns
- Doctor uses paper charts, looks patient in the eye, and is not turned around typing in front of a computer during consultation
- All patients see the actual doctor, not a nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant
Many medical diseases can cause side effects to the eyes or vision. Some diseases can even be first detected in a complete eye examination by an MD eye specialist. Your primary doctor or specialist may recommend careful periodic eye examinations to detect complications of diabetes, high blood pressure, rheumatoid diseases, or medications that you may take for other diseases.
Our office is fully equipped and happy to provide this service for you and your physician. A report to your doctor will usually be forwarded as is necessary or requested.